ACJRD hosts conferences and seminars/webinars on topics of interest to our membership, which includes policy makers, practitioners, academics and community based organizations.
In a typical year we have been
- convening an Annual Conference and
- facilitating and managing and convening a conference in partnership with Criminal Justice Agencies (Irish Criminal Justice Agencies (ICJA) Conference.
- engaging internationally with partners in Northern Ireland and mainland UK focused on the anticipated impact of Brexit, in the UK-Irish Criminal Justice Criminal Justice Cooperation (2018 to date)
- organising seminars/webinars that meet the discreet interests of our Working Group Members.
- convening events for research collaborators
- facilitating state agency engagement with our members who have stakeholder interest in government policy planning
- arranging networking events
- annual Martin Tansey Memorial Lecture
The ACJRD 26th Annual Conference, Accountability and Monitoring in the Criminal Justice System, will take place on Friday, 9th June 2023.
Dr John O’Connor, Judge of the Circuit Court, presented the 16th Annual Martin Tansey Memorial Lecture, 2023
The ACJRD 25th Annual Conference took place on Friday, 7th October 2022.
"Race, Migration and the Criminal Justice System" - Wednesday, 22nd June, 2022
A collaboration between ACJRD and the UCD Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice
Bruno Min, Legal Director (UK & International), Fair Trials, presented the 15th Annual Martin Tansey Memorial Lecture online.
The seminar, "Effecting Change: Learning from the experience of Oberstown" took place on Thursday, 3rd March, 2022.
"Extradition post Brexit - Implementation of Part Three, Title VII of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA): Perspectives from the UK and Ireland”
The UKICJC Network hosted a webinar on "Extradition post Brexit - Implementation of Part Three, Title VII of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA): Perspectives from the UK and Ireland”, on 10th January, 2022.
The ACJRD Mental Health and Juvenile Justice Working Groups, in collaboration with the Policing Authority, held this online seminar on Wednesday, 1st December, 2021.
The ACJRD Restorative Justice Working Group presented this online seminar on Thursday, 18th November, 2021.
The ACJRD 24th Annual Conference “Criminal Justice and Public Health: Policy and Practice Post-Pandemic” took place online on Friday, 8th October, 2021.
The ACJRD White Collar Crime Working Group hosted a seminar on “A Review on Economic Crime and Corruption” on Thursday, 15th July, 2021.
The 7th Annual Irish Criminal Justice Agencies (ICJA) Conference “Protecting the Human Rights of Vulnerable Suspects and Offenders: Defining, Identifying and Responding to Vulnerabilities” took place on Friday, 4th June, 2021.
The ACJRD held a Members’ event “Reflections on a pandemic year, with our founder members”, on Tuesday, 23rd February, 2021.
23rd ACJRD Annual Conference, Privacy and Personal Space: The Challenges of Technology in Justice”
Charlie Brooker, Honorary Professor, Centre for Sociology and Criminology, Royal Holloway, University of London, presented the 14th Annual Martin Tansey Memorial Lecture, "Probation and Mental Health: Do We Really Need 'Equivalent' Care?” online on Monday 24th May, 2021.