ICJA Conference 2019
The 6th Annual Irish Criminal Justice Agencies Conference took place on Tuesday, 4th June, 2019, in the Conference Centre, Upper Yard, Dublin Castle. The theme for this year’s conference was “Sexual Offences: The Challenge of Balancing Rights in the Criminal Justice System”.
This one day conference was a collaboration of the Department of Justice and Equality, the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Irish Prison Service, the Irish Youth Justice Service (IYJS), An Garda Síochána, The Probation Service and the Association for Criminal Justice Research and Development (ACJRD). The lead partner for 2019 was the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
To view a copy of the Conference Programme please click here.
Plenary speakers at the conference were:
• Charlie Flanagan, TD, Minister for Justice and Equality
• Tom O'Malley, BL
• Vivian Geiran, Director, The Probation Service
• Assoc. Prof. Liz Heffernan, Trinity College Dublin
• Noeline Blackwell, CEO, Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
• Peter McCormick, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
A report with the plenary speeches and summaries of the workshops is currently being prepared. To view previous ICJA Conference reports, please click here.