4th Annual Irish Criminal Justice Agencies (ICJA) Conference
"Youth Justice Policy in Ireland - Where to next?"
This one day conference was a collaboration of the Irish Youth Justice Service (IYJS), the Department of Justice and Equality, An Garda Síochána, The Probation Service, the Irish Prison Service and the Association for Criminal Justice Research and Development (ACJRD). The lead partner for 2017 was the Irish Youth Justice Service.
Opportunities were provided throughout the day for delegates to share information, exchange views and network with colleagues who engage in similar or complementary areas of expertise. The Chatham House Rule applied for this conference.
- Michelle Shannon, Director, Irish Youth Justice Service
- David Stanton, TD, Minister of State for Justice, with special responsibility for Equality, Immigration and Integration
- Judge John O'Connor, Children Court
- Professor Geoffrey Shannon, Special Rapporteur on Child Protection
- Roxana Ungureanu, West University Timisoara, Romania
- Julie Ahern, Membership and Public Affairs Officer, Children's Rights Alliance
- Professor Ursula Kilkelly, Professor and Dean of Law, University College Cork
- Dr. Fergal Lynch, Secretary General, Department of Children and Youth Affairs
Ten workshops took place during the Conference, with each delegate attending one workshop in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Click here to download a copy of the Conference Programme.
Click here to read the Conference Report.